How Writing Sex Ed Books Turned Into Producing Porn with Tristan Taormino
Tristan Taormino is a jack of all trades when it comes to the adult industry. She’s written award winning books about sex, produced and even starred in her own line of adult films, and given sex education work shops around the country. Today she shares with us how she started, how she manages her time, and where she gets ideas for new projects.
Watch the Full Interview
* * Want audio? Download the audio mp3 version (Right click to save) **
If you like this interview thank Tristan on Twitter <–just click this link and we’ll write the tweet for you
Here are the interview notes:
- Majored in American Studies in college.
- Is her own boss and works a lot on manny different projects.
- Wears many different hats, but the underlying theme to them all is sex education.
- Wrote seven books and made six videos on sex education and porn.
- Is known as the “anal sex expert”.
- Wrote her first book “The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women” in 1998.
- Bookstores were afraid to put out that book, and no one wanted to promote it because of the topic.
- Taught an anal sex workshop all over the country to help promote the book.
- Didn’t have a lot of resources to go to when writing her book other than the gay community.
- Target market were sex shops when her book was released.
- Was turned down by major studios when she submitted a proposal for an anal sex video.
- John Stagliano, the Buttman, decided to give Tristan a chance and shoot the film.
- Her 7 scenes were shot in 7 days for the film.
- Tristan didn’t do the film for money, it was more important than the film got made for sex education.
- The chemistry and orgasms on film are genuine, and that’s why there’s such a big fan base.
- Enjoys that she works on many different projects because she doesn’t get bored of her job.
- Gets her inspiration on projects by keeping her ears to the ground and seeing what people are interested in.
- Reminds her fan to support her by purchasing her films instead of illegally downloading it.
- Wants to continue to expand her sex education empire for the future.
- Wants to integrate new technology better so that she can utilize all the different platforms for her work.
About Tristan Taormino:
Tristan Taormino is an award-winning author, columnist, sex educator, speaker, and femnist pornographer. She graduated Phi Beta Kappa with her Bachelor’s degree in American Studies from Wesleyan University in 1993.
Learn More about Tristan Taormino
- The Foreign Exchange Student Turned Dancer, Escort, and Porn Star with Velvet Rose
- Transitioning from Fan Fiction to Porn Script Writing with Jacky St. James
- Art School Student Turned Alternative Porn Model: Ruby Violence Interview
- From Distributing Adult Content to Producing an Adult Reality Show with Richard Arnold
- A Nurse Turned Full Time Webcam Model with HawtBailee